|How to apply:
Students seeking admission to this college should apply in the prescribed form. Application form can be obtained from the college office on the payment. Application Form duly filled should reach the college office within ten days after the publication of the result of the qualifying examination. Students must attach a copy of the mark list of their qualifying examinations to the application form.
Selection of Candidates:
Selection to the course will be made on the basis of their merit in their qualifying examinations. The list of the selected candidates will be published on the college notice board and an interview card will be sent to them within ten days after the submission of the application form.
The admission will be made after holding an interview. The date and time of the interview will be intimated to the applicant in advance. The students should appear for interview along with their guardian. At the time of interview the following documents shall be produced.
- Interview Card
- S.S.L.C Book / Plus Two Mark List / Degree Mark List and Certificate / Migration.
- Transfer Certificate or Conduct Certificate from the school or college where he / she has last studied.
- Two passport Sixe Photographs.
- First Instalment Fee and other fees as mentioned in the fee details.
- Caution Deposits.
Every student, on admission is issued an identity card which will be produced by the student whenever demanded by the college authorities and while writing the college terminal examination. The admission of student to any course is valid only for that year and he / she intends to continue the course he / she shall have to obtain the readmission to the following year. Admission to any course in this institution is available only to the first year, that is, there is no direct or fresh admission to the second or final year of the course.
Classes are held in two sessions
Morning Session: 9 a.m to 12.20 p.m
Evening Session: 12.30 a.m to 4 p.m
Working Days: Monday to Friday
Library and Reading Room:
There is a well equipped library and reading room for the use of the students. Important magazines and newspapers are subscribed. The students are expected to take full advantage of the library and reading room facilities. Students are obliged to follow all the library rules framed by the college management.
There will be examinations conducted by the college at the end of the each term. In addition to the terminal examination, special class tests will be held from time o time. Serious notice will be taken of absence without leave in such tests.
Attendance and Progress certificate:
Attendance can be taken at the beginning of any period. Students who absent themselves frequently from the classes without valid reason or who are habitually late to classes will be subjected to such disciplinary action on the basis of what the principal may prescribe. Attendance at the special classes, contact programme, seminar etc as may be prescribed by the lecturer or college is compulsory. Progress report will be sent to each guardian after the terminal examination giving details of progress in the performance of each student together with the remark of the class teacher.
The College publishes a Magazine every year. The Principal will nominate the magazine committee for the purpose.
Prizes and Rewards:
He prizes are instituted by the Congregation of the Sons of the Immaculate Conception to the students securing highest marks in the graduate and post graduate examinations. Other special awards and prizes are offered for excellent performance in curricular and extra curricular activities. In memory of our deceased student Miss. Sajitha Mohan there will be a special cash award for the B.A Literature student who secures the highest mark in the final year examination. This is awarded from the Sajitha Memorial Endowment instituted by her beloved family.
- Students should abide by the college regulations and also by such other regulations as may be formulated by the principal. Non-compliance with any of these regulations will be dealt by the principal in the way in which he deems fit; and his decisions shall be final in all these matters.
- While the college does not hold itself responsible for a student’s conduct outside its premises, the principal may take notice of any serious misconduct outside if it is likely to reflect badly upon the reputation of the college and he may take such action against the offender as he deems fit and proper.
- While every effort will be made to keep the parents or guardians informed about any instance of serious misconduct on the part of their children, the principal does not guarantee that he will intimate in advance to the parents or guardians any action which he mat decide to make against to the students in the interest of the discipline in the college.
- Our college property including valuable goods like computer, library books, sports equipments, furniture, building etc., should be handled with care by the students of the college. Willful damage or disfigurement of college property by a student of the college will render him liable to serious disciplinary action.
- No association, meeting or entertainment shall be organized or any fund collected in the college without the permission of the principal. No political activities will be allowed within the college campus.
- All certificates from the college will be issued only after ensuring that all the dues in fees and library are cleared by the applicant and principal is satisfied with the reason stated by the applicant.
- The dress worn by the student shall always be clean, sober and dignified. No smoking is allowed in the college premises and the use of other intoxicants is prohibited in the campus.
- A student, who fails to secure 85% of the attendance without valid reason, will not be given admission to the next academic year.
- A student who fails to appear for any of the terminal or model examinations without valid reasons, will not be given admission to the next academic year.
- The use of mobile phones is strictly prohibited within the college campus and in the class rooms. Fit and proper action will be taken against the offenders by the principal or the person duly appointed by him.